Saturday, June 4, 2011

again with the blogging!

we are finished with this week's lessons!!!  yay!! 

we started doing things a little differently this week, and it was a smidge of a rough transition for us, but we made it! 

too bad next week is going to bring new things as well.  like bella and xander having their own unique curriculum that i teach them SEPARATELY along with what i've already got planned for beau.

maybe i didn't think this homeschooling thing through properly.

sometimes, though, i look around at the work my kids have been doing, at the grades which i dutifully plug into the gradebook (that i still hate), at the fun we (sometimes) have when doing school, and i think to myself.  i'm actually doing this.  i'm one of those people. 

i'm a homeschool mom.

i already know this in my head, of course, but my head is usually about to explode or something and today i had one of those oh-my-goodness-the-kids-are-quietly-doing-worksheets-i-can-sneak-in-a-bit-of-mommy-reading-time moments and it sort of hit me. 

we homeschool.

and we're pretty good at it, thank you.

now.  please send me good thoughts next week.  i'm going to need it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Now get your little homeschool-mom butt over here and tell me all about it (no denim jumper required).

    ReplyDelete