Thursday, October 7, 2010

in which i have the attention span of an ADD ferret.

just a quick post before we head off to beau's LAST FOOTBALL PRACTICE OF THE SEASON THANK GOODNESS.

so.  first week back = success.  i know the week isn't over yet - according to my records, there's still one more day before i get to officially say that week seven is done - but i'm declaring it.  i hope i don't jinx anything.

which brings me to something i hadn't bargained on.  we are technically in week eight, since we took last week off.  that's going to confuse the heck out of me.  i'll just have to deal with it for now, since everything is labeled already and i don't want to have to go back and fix it now.  we're just counting actual weeks of schoolwork.  there.  that makes it all nice and tidy in my mind.

anyway, next week we are starting two new subjects.  i know.  shut up.  but we're adding a little at a time so as not to completely get overwhelmed...or at least that's what i'm telling myself.  the reality is that every couple of weeks i notice something that we aren't doing that i feel needs to be done, so i research a little and add a new subject. 

as i said before, shut up.

ooh, before i forget it, i need to send out an apology to a friend of mine who sometimes reads this blog.  darlin, i am so dreadfully sorry i never emailed you back.  i had this extremely long and well-thought-out email written and i had been adding to it for a couple of days when i had the chance (i don't have tons of time for some reason), so i left it up in my browser.  well.  i came home from school one day and the POWER HAD GONE OUT.  my beautiful, intelligent email to you?  gone.  poof.  so i said, oh i'll remember what i said and write it all out again later and i totally. haven't. done that. yet.  for that, i am sorry.

and now i must apologize to the rest of you for making you read all of that.  in my defense, it WAS homeschool-related, because we were having a lovely little chat about it.  so nyeh.

what was i talking about?  ah, new subjects.

grammar, for starters.  i've put together something of my own from worksheets i found at different places online and a few scope and sequence .pdf's i scrounged up from different sources.  basically, i know what needs to be learned in first grade grammar, and i'm about to get on that.  for all you haters.  *cough*rachel*cough*

also, language arts.  FINALLY.  i broke down and printed everything out from the lesson on the website that i use (which i won't mention because then i'll get a totally impersonal comment from them and it's unnecessary so neener neener) and put it all in my shiny green notebook.  i'm even going to *gasp* laminate a game and keep it for next. year.

i know what you're thinking.

who IS this lady?

i totally am thinking the same thing.  you aren't really that crazy.  i'm just getting uber organized and we all know who to thank for that one.  but i digress.

the point is that i'm stupidly excited for monday.  and it's like light years away.  but i'll live.

3 comments:

  1. The pride in my heart can't be contained.
    At the same time, I feel a little bit like a drug pusher. Bwahahaha. You would be doing this even without me. You would just blame it on someone else. :P
    And who are you calling a hater? I'm just jealous that you can pull it together on your own. I'm addicted to curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to blame someone.

    you're my dealer, rachel. and my drug of choice is totally lesson planning. i think i love it more than carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. But lesson planning WITH carbs is waaaayyy winner. I am lesson planning right now. With pumkin bread. But only 1 slice. Because I am making good choices. =P

    ReplyDelete